I thought the hardest blog to write would be the first one, because I just didn’t know where to start. However, I’ve found that picking it up again after dropping the ball for a while is every bit as hard! Things got a little crazy – and a bit difficult - after my last post in April. Since then:
• We have had three mission teams visit us and bless us at Redeemer House.
• We let our mama go.
• We’ve gotten temporary care orders from the government for our kids – Hooray!
• We’ve looked at land to purchase for our orphanage.
• Teacher Henry has been added to our staff – a great blessing!
• The first adoption of one of our kids is in process!!!
• We have welcomed three new kids to the Redeemer House family – one of whom has since been restored to his family.
• In the process of helping two widows start a business, we got into the pig raising business (with 3 pigs).
• I went home in June to visit my family and friends in America.
• Two new grandbabies joined my family in America this summer (proud Grandma beaming as she posts)!
• I returned to Uganda in September with Anna, a 19-year old who is volunteering for 3 months at Redeemer House.
• One of our original Redeemer House girls, Annet, returned to her extended family.
• Many people in America have blessed us through fundraisers, sponsorships, visits, gifts for the children, and all kinds of support and encouragement.
• Through it all, our God has shown Himself faithful to this ministry and the children of Uganda!!!
Each of these could be a blog post of its own (or several posts), and I will revisit some of them in the future. I have dozens of posts bumping around in my over-full head, and it seems that time is always an issue. There are so many, many God stories! I really want to share more of them with you! The kids are thriving, and blessing me every day. There have been some challenging times, some sad times, and yet . . . I am so glad to be here, doing what I am doing, serving a God who has given all for me, loving the children He loves so much!
African Hearts - Ssenge
7 years ago