Friday, March 5, 2010

Halfway "Home"

I can hardly believe I am writing from the Amsterdam Airport, on my way back to Redeemer House Orphanage in Uganda for 3-4 months. In just a few hours, I will get to see "my kids" again!  I am so excited! On this trip, my main goal will be to work with a lawyer to complete registration of our orphanage as a foreign non-governmental organization. Please pray!  But there's a lot of other "stuff" in the works, too.  First off, we have our first mission team coming to help at Redeemer House on Sunday and Monday, with a plan to distribute soccer jerseys and soccer balls to the kids, and get in some games with them. The kids will love it! I had the chance to meet Wendi and Rick, leaders of the team, last Saturday night at Annie's fundraiser. (See previous post.)  What great people, with hearts that beat for orphans! I am looking forward to Sunday, feeling like I will be seeing dear old friends again, and anxious to meet the rest of the team.

I have spent the past few days scrambling to get ready, and so have not had a chance to post about Annie's fundraiser, but I will soon.  It was amazing - just like the whole weekend.  Wow, did God make his presence felt!  Can hardly wait to tell you about it.

But right now - I have a plane to catch.  Uganda, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Woke up this morning and you were my first prayer - asking God to just be with you! We are believing God is going to crush any obstacle, for He loves those children more than we do. Praying and cheering you ALL.THE.WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have goosebumps with excitment for you! So looking forward to hearing about all the God does while you are there. God Bless you my friend! We are covering you, and Redeemer House with prayer~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for safety as you travel, a blessed time with your children in Uganda, and favor as you advocate for the orphanage and orphans in your care. May you accomplish much in the time you are there.

    God Bless,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete